Easy Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars Recipe – This is the best dessert ever! If you love sugar cookies and cheesecake, then you will die for this dish! This sugar cookie cheesecake is so easy to make but tastes amazing. It is a yummy recipe to make for friends and family or just to give yourself a sweet treat. A dessert that has the best of both worlds!
Easy Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- One 16.5 oz tube of sugar cookie dough at almost room temp. (found in the refrigerated cookie area of any grocery store)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz box of cream cheese at room temperature
Other Supplies Needed:
- Non-stick spray Pam
- Electric hand held mixer or whisk
- Mixing bowl
- 8 ×8 inch square baking dish
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkles
- OPTIONAL: Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare baking dish with non stick spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and egg mixing on slow speed. Some people have said they like to sweeten this mixture up with a little powdered sugar – but that is completely optional.
- *Note: The cream cheese mixture will be chunky if the cream cheese is too cold. If this happens, fill your sink with a couple inches of hot water and place the bowl in the bath of hot water. This warm water should help bring the cream cheese chunks to room temperature to make a creamy mixture
- Cut the roll of sugar cookie dough in 1/2
- Press half of the sugar cookie dough to the bottom of the baking dish for the “curst”
- Pour the cream cheesecake mixture over the sugar cookie crust
- Using the remaining 1/2 roll of sugar cookie dough, create flattened “chunks” of dough and place them evenly over the top of the cheesecake mixture.
- *These will melt, rise, and cover the top of the cream cheese bars as seen in the photos above!
- Bake for 30 minutes or just until the sugar cookie shows a golden color
- *Note: sugar cookies burn QUICKLY! It’s best to pull them out of the oven right when they appear to be golden as opposed to burning the dough.
- Let cool for at least an hour. Add sprinkles once completely cooled. Cut into squares once cooled and serve!
- * Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days (if you’re lucky and happen to have leftovers!)